AkwaabaInsurance.com is an E-commerce platform developed by softmasters (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as a platform) to facilitate buying and payment of travel insurance. You must only use the Akwaaba platform for your personal or business use. You must provide accurate and complete information when using this platform. If you input incomplete or incorrect information whilst using this platform and purchase a product based on that information, your insurance policy or claims may be void or not fully met. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will constitute an offer or promotion for services or products. All information data and copyright material contained on this platform must not be reproduced or used without our consent. These Terms and Conditions set out what you should do if you have a complaint.
The Akwaaba insurance is a government of Ghana mandated travel insurance for all foreign nationals and non-residents Ghanaians with the exception of transit/transfer passengers who do not need to recheck their luggage. It must be procured before entering Ghana with exception of Diplomatic Corps.
- 1.1 These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of this platform.
- 1.2 By using this platform you agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions you should not use this platform.
- 1.3 We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. We will give you notice of any changes by posting those changes on this platform. We will not vary any terms and conditions which you previously agreed to whilst using this platform. However, any amended Terms and Conditions will apply to your use of this platform from the date they are posted and if you do not agree with the amended Terms and Conditions, you are entitled to stop using this platform at that time.
- 2.1you and your means the person who proposes to use or is using this platform.
- 2.2 we us and our means Akwaaba, which is a trading name of SoftMasters Company Limited and agents, and any other person or business to whom we may legally transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions. You are entitled to stop using this platform if we transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to a third party. SoftMasters Company Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is on the Financial Services Register under the registration number.
- 2.3 platform means the web on the world wide web located at www.akwaabainsurance.com or its mobile app. The meaning of platform in these terms refers to our web application.
- 2.4 product or service provider means the insurance company, hospital, pharmacy or provider of any service or product advertised or made available via this platform.
- 2.5 quote means a price provided by a product or service provider for comparison with other quotes. In providing you with a quote we are not able to guarantee the availability of the product, the service or the price set out as you will need to deal with the product or service provider direct to make a purchase.
- 2.6 Your documents means the online document repository service provided by us on this platform.
3. Use of this platform
- 3.1 By using this platform you agree that:
- 3.1.1 You will not do anything that affects the integrity or security of this platform or causes or may cause harm, damage or unreasonable inconvenience to other users of this platform or us; and
- 3.1.2 You will not gather, extract, download, reproduce and/or display or advertise on any other platform, other online or offline service or otherwise, any material on or from this platform.
- 3.2 If you breach any of the clauses above, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including denying you access to this platform, bringing legal proceedings against you and disclosing such information to appropriate legal and/or regulatory bodies.
4. Your documents
4.1 These terms apply specifically to the documents made available to you via the platform.
4.2 Using Your documents and the documents you upload
- 4.2.1 You must upload accurate and complete information as requested by us on the platform. If the information you upload is incomplete, inaccurate, or unclear, it will impact the information displayed to you and we may be unable to provide Your documents to you, or the insurance policy documents and other information we make available to you may be incorrect. It is your responsibility to ensure that your information is accurate and complete and we will have no liability in that regard.
- 4.2.2 The information you provide to us or post to Your documents is yours. We do not own this information but you give us a right to use your information to enable us to provide Your documents to you. The data you provide will also be used for analysis purposes to help improve Your documents and other products and services offered by comparethemarket.com, per our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- 4.2.3 We do not guarantee to hold copies of the information you provide to us or the insurance policy documents and other information we provide to you. We reserve the right to reject or delete any information or documentation you provide, at our sole discretion.
4.3 Liability and Your documents
- 4.3.1 We do not assure that the use by you of information available in Your documents will not infringe third party rights (including intellectual property rights), or that any information will accurate or error-free and we will have no liability in this regard.
- 4.3.2 The material on Your documents is provided as is, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with Your documents on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which, but for this legal disclaimer, might affect Your documents.
4.4 General terms that apply to Your documents
- 4.4.1 We reserve the right at any time to terminate or restrict or suspend access to Your documents without giving you any prior notice and we will not be liable to you if for any reason Your documents are withdrawn, canceled or unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 4.4.2 We may make changes to the functionality of Your documents, the material on Your documents at any time without notice.
- 4.4.4 If you copy or download or publish or make available any content Your documents in breach of the terms and conditions, your right to use Your documents and content on Your documents will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return, delete, take-down or destroy any copies of the content from Your documents.
5. Your obligations
- 5.1 You must only use the platform for your personal or business use.
- 5.2 It is your responsibility to ensure that all information you supply to us or enter onto this platform is complete and accurate, so please double-check your information before submitting it.
- 5.3 You will need to answer a number of questions to compare or obtain a quote for any product or service. These questions are designed to ensure that we and all relevant product or service providers have all of the information necessary to provide you with accurate, appropriate and timely information relating to the products and/or services in which you are interested. Where possible, we will help you complete quotes quickly by pre-populating some of our online forms with information we already know about you. Where we do this, you must check that the information in the form is accurate and up to date.
- 5.4 In the case of all insurances the level of cover and the amount you pay is determined by the answers you provide to those questions and therefore you should answer all questions truthfully and fully and to the best of your knowledge and belief. In addition, if you are a business user you should make specific inquiries of partners, directors and senior management involved in the business and its subsidiaries and you must tell the insurer of anything that may be relevant or important for the insurer to know so that they can make a decision on whether to offer cover and the terms to be applied. In all cases, if you fail to provide complete and accurate information:
- 5.4.1 any insurance product purchased may be void (meaning you will not be able to make a claim);
- 5.4.2 you may have to pay additional premiums under your policy to reflect any increased insurance risk as a result; and/or
- 5.4.3 You may be liable for damage or loss to a third party if you cause an accident. This will depend on the terms and conditions you have agreed with your product or service provider.
- 5.5 If you are purchasing or using a product or service providers website directly you should also read their terms and conditions. The product or service providers terms and conditions will cover any transaction or agreement between you and the product or service provider, whereas these Terms and Conditions agreed with us relate only to your use of this platform.
6. Our service
- 6.1 We provide a service that enables you to buy and pay for online insurance products and services. We suggest that you print a copy of these Terms and Conditions and keep them in a safe place for future reference.
- 6.3 You must double-check all information to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- 7.1 We do not control the price, length of offers, or special conditions relating to a product or service. These are set by the government of Ghana and approved by the National Insurance Commission.
8. Responsibility for the content
- 8.1 We are responsible for all information provided on the platform. We are also responsible for statements of fact made to you by us and protecting your data following data protection legislation.
- 8.2 We will use our best endeavors to provide you with a quality service and virus-free platform. However, we are not responsible for computer viruses or other computer-related problems you suffer as a result of using this platform, which is beyond our reasonable control. We recommend that you use your appropriate virus checking software.
- 8.3 We are not responsible for any commentary, opinions, ratings or other postings on this platform by third parties.
- 8.4 Product or service providers and third-party websites are responsible for failings or errors on their websites and may have a separate duty of care to you.
- 8.5 You may be entitled to rights separate from these Terms and Conditions under English consumer law or other legislation.
- 8.6 We do not prevent or exclude our responsibility to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
9. Platform Security
- 9.1 You must not use the platform on a jail-broken or rooted device.
- 9.2 From time to time we may update the platform. You should always use the latest version of the platform to help ensure your account remains secure.
- 9.3 We may from time to time need to prevent you from using the platform or accessing your account via the platform if you are not using the latest version of the platform.
- 9.4 You must not share your password or PIN (if applicable) with any third party.
10. Intellectual property
- 10.1 All information, data and copyright material contained on this platform, including any trademarks (whether officially registered or unregistered), trade names, brands, logos and devices belong to us or to people whom we have given ownership or permission to use such information data and/or copyright material. You must not use such information or copyright material unless you have written permission from us or the owner to do so.
- 10.2 You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on this platform for personal non- business use only, (i.e. to assist with a purchasing decision), provided that you are not otherwise breaching these Terms and Conditions.
12. Third party websites
- 12.1 This platform may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Some of these websites may carry our branding and are therefore only accessible by our customers. The operation and content of those websites are determined by those third parties and will be governed by separate terms and conditions. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the content of any third-party website, as this is outside of our control.
- 12.2 Links are provided for convenience only and inclusion of any links should not be taken to imply endorsement in any way of the site to which it links. Examples of price comparison services operated by third parties are compared mortgages and compare energy prices.
- 12.3 You may wish to take the following steps when purchasing a product or service from a third-party website:
- 12.3.1 Read and ensure that you understand the terms and conditions of their website and terms and conditions of any product or service you might be agreeing with them;
- 12.3.2 Clarify and/or check your understanding of relevant terms and conditions by seeking independent advice, for example, if the proposed transaction is of significant financial value to you or your insurance criteria is particularly unique or high risk; and/or
- 12.3.3 We regularly check that all our partners are regulated, however, if you wish to check the insurance provider you are dealing with is regulated (for example, by the Financial Conduct Authority, or Prudential Regulation Authority, if applicable), you can do this by checking the Financial Services Register on the Financial Conduct Authoritys website.
- 13.1 We may issue a warning, temporarily suspend, permanently suspend or terminate your right to use this platform if you:
- 13.1.1 Substantially breach any of these Terms and conditions;
- 13.1.2 Infringe or violate or attempt to infringe or violate any rights of any other user(s) of this platform and/or third parties in connection with this platform; or
- 13.1.3 If you are using this website to commit or attempt to commit a criminal offense.
14. Jurisdiction and Enforceability
- 14.1 If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by a competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and will remain valid.
- 14.2 In the event of a dispute in connection with or arising out of these Terms and Conditions, English law will apply.
- 14.3 These Terms and Conditions will only apply as between us and you. Unless as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions no other person may benefit or rely upon these Terms and Conditions.
15. Complaints procedure
15.1 Service standards
We aim to provide a high standard of service to all our customers. Unfortunately, occasionally things do go wrong. When this happens, we make every effort to settle complaints quickly and fairly.
16. Complaints about Products and Services purchased through our web site
If your complaint is about a product or service that you have purchased via this platform, then you can complain directly to the relevant product or service provider responsible for supplying the product or service. We cannot answer complaints on behalf of a product or service provider or accept responsibility for any such complaints. We recommend that you visit the website of the product or service provider and follow their complaints procedure if you wish to make a complaint against them.
17. Complaints about the service provided by Akwaaba Insurance
If you have a complaint about our service, please contact us:
Please email us at email@example.com
Should you wish to use an alternative means of communication, on request we are happy to correspond with you by telephone. You may call us on (+1) 6145008650
Complaint Response Timescales
When your complaint is resolved, we will notify you that your complaint has been resolved and remind you of your right to take your complaint to the Akwaaba should you subsequently feel dissatisfied with the outcome. If we are unable to resolve your complaint by close of business on the third business day following the day on which it is received: we will send a written acknowledgment of your complaint to you within five working days of its receipt. By the end of eight weeks after receipt of your original complaint letter, we will send you a final response or a letter explaining why we are still not in a position to issue a final response and advising you of when we expect to be able to do so.
18. Payment Services Complaints
If your complaint is concerning a Payment Service, a different process will apply. If we cannott resolve it by close of business on the third business day following the day, we received it, we will send a final response within 15 business days of the initial receipt of your complaint. In exceptional circumstances, we may take up to 35 business days. If our response will take longer than 15 business days, we will write and let you know.